Friday, October 23, 2015

New life

New Life, New start.

I fixed the toilet last night.  It has been leaking blue whatever, all over the floor since closing.  Its like it knew.  

I had cut off the water to it and just used the hall bath.  But a twenty dollar universal toilet kit, and hours later.  I have a functioning, CLEAN, master bath.

I bleached with that gel stuff, and scrubbed with a toothbrush.  I got every inch of tile and grout.  I'm dying to redo the grout but that isn't in the cards right now.

It felt so good to get a huge bucket of hot water, and a fluffy sponge.. just clean everything down.   I didn't stop there. I added some of that apple fabuloso, and ground cinnamon, to the water. Then continued out into the just swept, bedroom.  The paint flecks came up, off the fake wood floors, with just an inch of elbow grease.  The water was dingy and grey when I finished.  I just mopped that floor less than a week ago..

It was hard to resist the desire to go over it again, and again, till the water was clean.  But I just moved to the kitchen.  Used up the touch of chalk paint I had pre mixed.  Then made up another batch.  Got a coat on all the top cabinets and most of the bottom.

When I got up this morning I saw that back side of my freshly scrubbed pans I had left on the draining board, were covered in tiny flecks of white paint.  Guess I'll have to rewash  They do look pretty though.  with the light mint green color and the white flecks of thick chalk paint it looks like little Robbins egg pans.


I should paint the ceiling a milky mint green and feel like I'm in an egg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment